Upgrade throttle body

mike t

Nov 11, 2016
I have a TC 107 build and was wondering if with a similar build has tried a HPI 55 throttle body vs the OEM Delphi 50. Had several shops tell me to first try the larger injectors in the stock Delphi TB.

I have no experience with the HPI TB, but when I did my 107 build I upgraded to the SE 58MM TB with 5.3 GPS injectors. Bike runs great! Before I went that route, I had started smoothing the inside of the stock TB by hand after reading that Fuel Moto ports them. Unfortunately, I got too greedy and removed too much material near the injector sockets and the project was scrapped. This mistake resulted in my decision to buy the 58MM SE TB.

NGOT8R, Did you see a big hit in fuel mileage going with the larger TB? I'm looking at upgrading to a 107 this Winter and was hoping to avoid a big hit to my fuel mileage, so was just going to stay with the stock TB and injectors.

I went to 107 with 58MM SE TB also, and I am getting 43-45 MPG, fuel mileage is about the same when I got the bike new.....but I don't ride normal so I don't really know what the bike will do if I ride normal.....LOL!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikes469