You can't make this stuff up!

Mojo

Administrator
Dec 6, 2013
Out for a ride on a beautiful TN day and came across this . . . . . . :confused:

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• foamseat.JPG
    foamseat.JPG
    127 KB · Views: 0
  • foamseat.JPG
    foamseat.JPG
    135.8 KB · Views: 0
  • grinn.png
    grinn.png
    297.5 KB · Views: 0
I would like to think the owner of that bike is just trying out the material that he intends to have used on his seat when he gets it reupholstered.

I would like to think the owner of that bike is just trying out the material that he intends to have used on his seat when he gets it reupholstered.

Could be- I'd like to think that too. lol

Wonder if he has his seat sent off for some custom work and just really wanted to ride?
Looks like armorflex.

Haha I hope that's a work in progress. A beta test rode to see if the profile is comfortable before wrapping it. However bare foam isn't very durable so shifting around would easily wear through the foam.

Similarly, kinda, one of the girls I work with coated the seat of her scooter with gaffers tape as it was ripping. In her defense, why spend $100 on a new seat when the scooter cost $500?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

hopefully... just testing out a custom contoured seat he fabbed up... I would have at least wrapped it in SOMETHING

Well, Harley-Davidson just dropped the popular Dyna models and the Softails as we knew them also no longer exist so I'm thinking maybe this is one of the new stock seats on 2018 bagger models which HD hopes will hone in manufacturing expenses.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfbsmith