Adding Profile Pics and Avatar Pics- HOW TO

Spazz

Administrator
Feb 22, 2014
I figured this would be a good post for all members...

Your best option for a pic would be a .JPEG or .JPG file format

PROFILE PIC (these are seen when someone accesses your profile page)

1. Go to upper right corner of site page and click SETTINGS

2. Scroll down on left side, under section My Settings, click Edit Profile Picture

attachment.php

At this point you have to follow the rules for size of pic to be used:

Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 100 by 100 pixels or 64.0 KB (whichever is smaller).

You must modify most custom pics with software on your PC to meet these requirements.

If you have a picture that meets these requirements:

attachment.php

Option 1 - Enter the URL to the Image on Another Website: ( you MUST know the exact URL and enter it )

OR

Option 2 - Upload Image From Your Computer:

Click CHOOSE FILE and a window will pop up allowing you to navigate to the modified pic on your PC.

Once you have done either OPTION 1 or OPTION 2, Click SAVE CHANGES

( If there are any errors, it will let you know... if you followed the rules, there shouldn't be any )

AVATAR PIC ( these are seen on the left of every post below the user's name )

1. Go to upper right corner of site page and click SETTINGS

2. Scroll down on left side, under section My Settings, click Edit Avatar

attachment.php

At this point you have to follow the same rules for size of pic to be used:

Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 80 by 80 pixels or 19.5 KB (whichever is smaller).

You must modify most custom pics with software on your PC to meet these requirements.

If you have a picture that meets these requirements:

attachment.php

Option 1 - Enter the URL to the Image on Another Website: ( you MUST know the exact URL and enter it )

OR

Option 2 - Upload Image From Your Computer:

Click CHOOSE FILE and a window will pop up allowing you to navigate to the modified pic on your PC.

Once you have done either OPTION 1 or OPTION 2, Click SAVE CHANGES

( If there are any errors, it will let you know... if you followed the rules, there shouldn't be any )

If you still have troubles, feel free to PM me and I will assist in anyway I can.

Spazz- Thanks for the how to on this, I remember when I first did this it was not too intuitive. Your post will help others a lot

Not sure if issues with browser etc, upper right hand corner can not locate settings to edit profile, avatar...suggestion appreciated..thanks

I’m unable to post pics from an iPhone. Am I missing something ??? Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Adding Profile Pics and Avatar Pics- HOW TO

I’m unable to post pics from an iPhone. Am I missing something ??? Any help would be appreciated.

It’s a little difficult to do it from your phone.
You almost have to do it twice.

The easiest way is to up load you photos to a photo service like google or iPhoto and use the url of the photo.

You can try with tapatalk but it doesn’t always work. Click the photo icon on the bottom when you are typing and try uploading your photo. Then you have to select it again to display it.[emoji2957][emoji2957]

c9c5ebddadf0e7a575f46770254ac52b.jpg

Here is an example of some pictures I have posted. I take a photo of what I want to post. Then when I write my reply I select the mountain emblem on the bottom which takes me to my photos I select the photo click done it will ask you what size you wish to send ( I normal pick medium). Then finish my writing and post. Hit reply at top right from Tapatalk pro app and it goes. Seems simple. I allow acces to my photos thru the app

2015 FLHXS Amber Whiskey; Thunder Max Tuner with Stage 1; Screaming Eagle air cleaner; 4.5 inch RC Exhaust mufflers; Ceramic coated headers; LED turn / run lights front & rear.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Emurillo89