Anyone installed the BOOM stage 1 lower fairing speaker kit ??

Mar 1, 2016
Looking to add the part# 76000487A kit to my BOOM 6.5GT radio. The kit is $279 which seems a bit cheap for HD stuff but i am not looking for chest pumping bass here. Just a moderate sound quality upgrade. Appears to be plug and play but not sure from the info given. Just would like to know how the sound improvement is and if there is anything else the kit needs (flashing or connectors etc).

Do you already have the speaker pods for the lowers ?? That's another cost all on it's own.

The 2018 SGS comes with Boom Stage I which does not include an amp. I would think that gains would be very minimal on your 2015 given there is no amp. My brother installed the Boom Stage II on his 2017 CVO and he had to add an amp in the opposite saddlebag which did require a flash. I've mentioned before in a thread on here, that a cheaper and much better sounding option would be to install the tank communication adapter and play your music through a set of Beats ear buds. I have an amp and Focal 165 KRC 6.5 speakers in the fairing and custom tour pack pods on my 2015 and while this setup sounds good and is plenty loud at highway speeds, the ear buds sound much better.

Last edited:
For me, the two fairing speakers do an ok job up to 75 mph. I added the lower fairings to block wind on the long trips i take and just want to fill the speaker holes . If adding the stage 1 speakers makes it 20% better, im fine with that. Called the dealer but they couldn't answer if the kit was plug n play with the oem boom radio. Dont want to buy the kit only to find out it needs modification to work.

Last edited:
Have you listened to a bike with Boom Audio Stage II? I did this to my 2018 SGS (fairing speakers with amp) and it sounds good. A dealer flash was required though and it did cost more than $279. If I were you I would consider this this.

https://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail.asp?ProductID=RFB-JAMP-250HC14

Of course you would have to upgrade your fairing speakers, but the sound would be worth it. This is what I have on my 2015 SGS. Lower pods are not necessary. You could still add the lower pods and power all four speakers with this 2 channel amp like I've done with the rear pods on my bike. You just wouldn't have fade capability, but I don't know too many people who would be interested in fading their signal anyways when one has to contend with wind noise.

Thx NGOT8R, but being an electrician, i just cant force myself to pay $120 for some connectors, shrink tube, and a chunk of wire. Its a personal problem i have ! :)

Believe me, I hear what you're saying there! I will be the first to admit that most of the stuff that we buy for our bikes, cars and homes is way overpriced. Simply put, I often feel like many of the manufacturers are just plain greedy and they're willing to rip us a new one if allowed to do so.

West Coast Struttin, How did you make out with adding the Stage 1 lower fairing speakers? I have a 2016 FLHXS and I already replaced my Fairing speakers wit Stage 1 speakers and I will be adding the lowers along with the speaker boxes and Stage 1 lower fairing speakers. I dont have an extra amp. The dealer said he would flash my radio to add the 2 extra speakers. It is plug and play into plug 162 ( 4 wire connector light blues) right off the main radio harness. I will be ordering them for my xmas winter project.

So i watched a bizillion audio reviews. The J&M ROKKER system seemed to be the best, so i called them to buy but they dont offer 4 Round speakers with their systems ! WTF ? Cant they substitute 2 rounds for the 2 ovals that come with the kit? No, no they cant.
The BOOM was second best so calling Harley next. Just want an amp to run 2 speakers in the fairing and 2 speakers in the lower fairing.

Before you buy that Harley amp give this audio brother a call. 775-247-4721 Talk to Spazz @Reno bagger audio he will be able to help you make a decision. Very knowledgeable and will give you some options to work with.

Checked out Reno bagger. $ 1750 for what im trying to do is more than i want to invest in my system. Rockford Fosgate has a 400 watt system kit with 4 round speakers ( HD14RGSG Stage 2 plus 2 additional speakers TMS65 ) for $ 1069. Have used their stuff on some of my cars and liked it. Still a little more research to do but gettin close !

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfbsmith