Cold Weather Base Layer Clothing

hulkss

Administrator
Sep 29, 2013
I bought some new cold weather clothing called Diamondown. I will have it in a few days.

From their web site: "All Diamondown™ products are made from Carbtex® fiber which was invented and patented by Dr. Frank McCullough. Diamondown™ represents a tremendous leap forward in thermal garments and is setting the new standard for insulated clothing. Diamondown™ not only effectively blocks convective heat transfer, but also uniquely blocks radiant heat transfer or 91% of the total body heat loss. This technology almost doubles the thermal resistance compared to any other polymer or natural product insulation such as Thinsulate™, wool, silk and Under Armour® ColdGear®."

Testimonials from their web page.

I know this is really old but I would like to know if this clothing worked well for you.

Yes, just wore it today outside at 0 degrees and windy. Works great.

Yes, just wore it today outside at 0 degrees and windy. Works great.

You guys are amazing!!
It's 72* & mostly sunny here in West Palm Beach right now (8:54AM 1/10/16)
•...This just in...• MAJOR Cold Front moving through this afternoon...

It's supposed to get down to 55* (& SUNNY) tomorrow morning and all my riding buds are freakin' out because it will be "sooo cold" on their ride to work. Lol

Here ya' go.... Somethin' to think about...

http://www.officialbikeweek.com/daytonabikeweek/search.cfm

Last edited:
Cold you can dress for.....hot you can't. I'll ride when it's cold out (with heated gear) and be way more comfortable than riding at 100 degrees (I lived in Phoenix ten years).

If you're cold, you were just too cheap to buy the right gear. Heated gear is great. Warm and no bulk that causes discomfort or takes up space on the bike.

I travel with an Aerostich two piece tactical suit (always worn so no need to pack it and it doubles as rain gear), two pairs of gloves (light and heated), and an electric long sleeve jacket liner for under the suit when needed. So the most riding gear I pack is one pair of gloves and a thin jacket liner. I'm good for any temperature from freezing on up rain or shine. The riding suit has many vents to open for flow through ventilation. It's like riding in the shade.

Cold you can dress for.....hot you can't. I'll ride when it's cold out (with heated gear) and be way more comfortable than riding at 100 degrees (I lived in Phoenix ten years).

If you're cold, you were just too cheap to buy the right gear. Heated gear is great. Warm and no bulk that causes discomfort or takes up space on the bike.

I travel with an Aerostich two piece tactical suit (always worn so no need to pack it and it doubles as rain gear), two pairs of gloves (light and heated), and an electric long sleeve jacket liner for under the suit when needed. So the most riding gear I pack is one pair of gloves and a thin jacket liner. I'm good for any temperature from freezing on up rain or shine. The riding suit has many vents to open for flow through ventilation. It's like riding in the shade.

I agree the heated gear is great! Riding in MN today though HULKSS? I saw 0 for the forecast. brrrr....

David

I was simply applauding your spirit.

I lived in Alaska for 2 1/2 years (US ARMY) in the 60's and road to work (up a mountain) everyday on the only vehicle I owned... A Kawasaki 500 triple 2stroke using studded tires in the winter (many -0 days). I know how it feels.
I'm pushin' 70 now & there's no way I could handle it!

Like I said, "YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING"

I spent a year in Viet Nam and remember summer temperature of 115 degrees and winter temperature down to 70. The locals wore heavy jackets and ear muffs in 70 degrees. We got a good laugh at that.

I agree the heated gear is great! Riding in MN today though HULKSS? I saw 0 for the forecast. brrrr....

I didn't say I was riding. I said I was outside :) Cold I can handle but the bike can't deal with ice on the roads.

It was 26 when I went riding on New Year's Day.
Heated jacket liner and gloves worked great!

I didn't say I was riding. I said I was outside :) Cold I can handle but the bike can't deal with ice on the roads.

Ask ME how I know about ice on the road...hit a patch at 4 am in Seattle last year...lucky I was doing about 15 mph...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
South Jersey Dave