Heated Gear

hulkss

Administrator
Sep 29, 2013
I never get cold when I ride as long as I use my heated jacket liner. It makes my Aerostich riding suit totally warm down to freezing temperatures. I don't ride if there might be ice. The riding suit is not insulated and I use it all summer.

I'm using a Generation 3 heated jacket liner from: Warm & Safe

Variable control heat with a blue tooth wireless remote controller. I can control heated gloves and a jacket liner separately. Just put the remote unit with the control knobs in any pocket or Velcro it to the bike somewhere. The heat controller goes in a pocket in the jacket liner.

Jacket.jpgRemote.jpg

Been thinking about a pair of heated gloves. I have some hand issues and my fingers get cold easy. Any experience/ recomendations with gloves Hulkss?

Well, I talked to my service tech and he said the grips that come on a new HD last a long time. The ones they have been installing afterwards from HD, seem to have a short life span. I asked aren't they the same? He thought so, but, could not tell me why the difference in lifespan. He suggested the electric gloves because he did not want me to come back and corner him on my grips failing. So, he could have pushed a sale on me, instead said to go elsewhere. I really just need my fingers to stay warm. The heated grips I've tried on a buddies bike kept my hands warm and only helped my fingers if I gripped the bars tighter. Well we know what that does.

The gloves are more effective at keeping your hands warm than heated grips. The heat is where you need it.

I'm not a heated grip fan. They do work but I have found the top of you hand still freezes while your palm is warm.

Sent from the mobile leash

I use a pair of heated hunting gloves I got fro Cabelas that run on rechargeable 7.4-volt lithium batteries.
They work fine. I think I paid around $ 140 for them.

I use a pair of heated hunting gloves I got fro Cabelas that run on rechargeable 7.4-volt lithium batteries.
They work fine. I think I paid around $ 140 for them.

How many miles you got em and how long does the charge last?

The charge will last about 8 hrs. Running on low set at around 85, max setting is around 135, but I have never ran them that high. I have had these for two seasons, I'm sure there are some better one out there. I use these more for hunting than on the bike. I live on the Eastern Shore of Md. and we only have a few weeks of real cold weather.

Anybody have some battery operated liners similar to the gloves above? Would be nice to just get off the bike and go and not have to worry about unplugging.

Anybody have some battery operated liners similar to the gloves above? Would be nice to just get off the bike and go and not have to worry about unplugging.

A jacket liner pulls about 7 amps. It would need a very big battery to last for a day ride.

Timely thread. I went to a Heated Clothing Seminar yesterday on Harley's newest "wireless" clothing. I was not too impressed. The heating element in the vest or jacket is only over each breast and in the small of the back / nothing for the sleeves ! ! ! ! Battery life had 4 temp settings; Hi=2 hrs, 3/4=2.5 hrs. etc.
I have the non Harley gear with wireless rheostat controls and they work beautifully. Mine also have heated gloves, I usually just wear flannel lined jeans in the winter with or without chaps and I have the HD soft lowers for my engine guard.

If all else fails, I roll all the windows up and turn on the heater ! ! ! ! ! :cool:

Thanks for the info guys. Been considering the heated clothing. I'll prob have to internet order as the HD store here never has my size and takes forever to get. It'll be spring if I order now.

I forgot to mention the brand of my heated gear:
Powerlet rapidFIRe

I especially like the wireless dual dial heat controller for gloves and jacket.
pwle.png

I wonder who makes the controllers? That looks exactly like the one I bought from Warm & Safe.

Supposedly Harley is coming with a new heated liner in jan or February, it is supposed to have a built in thermostat, at least that's what the dealer told me

Supposedly Harley is coming with a new heated liner in jan or February, it is supposed to have a built in thermostat, at least that's what the dealer told me

They just did come out with new heated gear, see my previous posting.

Yep but they showed me pics of another one that is supposed to have heated sleeves and the thermostat has like three settings and is located up by the collar

Yep but they showed me pics of another one that is supposed to have heated sleeves and the thermostat has like three settings and is located up by the collar

Hmmm, OK. My dealer didn't have those yet.

Heated Gear

Yeah they told me they won't be in until January we will see. The clothing lady said she saw it at the dealer show. I hope she is right as I am waiting for it to see what it is like.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
South Jersey Dave