Heated Gear

I forgot to mention the brand of my heated gear:
Powerlet rapidFIRe

I especially like the wireless dual dial heat controller for gloves and jacket.
View attachment 3766
Thanks I was wondering about a real review. I saw this on a Revzilla review. I like the thought of the wireless controller. I want to try and set it up to use the dual remote for mine and my significant others liner she already has. How is the sizing on this? True to size or runs bigger or smaller?

The dual channel system I have is from: warmnsafe.com
I suppose you could put the receiver on the bike and run a cable to driver and passenger. The remote control unit is wireless and can go anywhere.

hulkss,
I'd like to know if that Gen3 liner you use can be wired to plug into bike rather than Harley's battery powered liner. I was at dealership today and didn't like the rechargeable battery liner they offered.
tend to think it would end up being more of a hassle trying to remember to charge it and how many charges that battery is good for before it needs replaced. They told me Harley no,longer makes plug in liners. I really like the reviews of that Gen 3 liner you have.

hulkss,
I'd like to know if that Gen3 liner you use can be wired to plug into bike?

Yes, the controller kit comes with a cable that goes to the battery. Just take off the seat and hook it up to the battery terminals.

Ty
I actually gave my girlfriend my "wish list" of some nice heated liners,gloves,socks and all that needs to go with it to make it all work.
Thanks for your review and input on the gear you use. I'm definetly going that route wether her or I make the purchases.

I have Gerbings/Harley jacket and pant liners. Forget the brand name of the glove liners (not gloves) and boot insoles (not socks) but they have compatible plugs on the Gerbings/Harley jacket and pant.

I mostly wear BROWN leather jacket and chaps (old 90s Harley Shovelhead line) and no one makes heated brown leather gloves, so I can use any glove over my liners (heavy glove or thin glove).

I recently bought some used items off ebay for the gal-pal. Jacket liner, full gloves(one not working), dual thermostat/holster, harness and splitter - all for $200 shipped to my door.

I never get cold when I ride as long as I use my heated jacket liner. It makes my Aerostich riding suit totally warm down to freezing temperatures. I don't ride if there might be ice. The riding suit is not insulated and I use it all summer.

I'm using a Generation 3 heated jacket liner from: [URL="http://www.warmnsafe.com/all

Hulkss,

Your post was about a year ago, do you still have the same opinion of the heated gear that you mentioned in your 10-12-14 post?

I am looking at those items and they appear to be excellent quality heated gear. I have looked at other posts on heated gear and I am leaning towards the W&S products that are in your post. I like the idea of the wireless remote controller.

Thanks in advance.

Hulkss, Your post was about a year ago, do you still have the same opinion of the heated gear that you mentioned in your 10-12-14 post?

I am looking at those items and they appear to be excellent quality heated gear. I have looked at other posts on heated gear and I am leaning towards the W&S products that are in your post. I like the idea of the wireless remote controller.

I went on a 5000 mile two week ride early last spring. The heated gear worked perfectly and I used it a lot. It's great having separate glove and jacket temperature control.

Mine run slightly large and are meant to be worn as a liner underneath. I just Velcro the control to my clutch M/C when winter comes. With the fairing, Clearview shield, Soft lowers and fork fangs-I stay pretty warm even at hiway speeds when the temps are mid 30's.

Yes, you can get that plug type or an adapter for all of them. Not sure if there is a fuse in that line that may be too small.

I have mobile warming heat gloves and jacket, that are battery powered, wish i would have done plug-in or hybrid Gerbings instead. Also wish i would have done heated grips at purchase instead of non-heated. Heated gloves keep the outside of your hands warm but your palm is still cold. I commute 70 miles round trip to work and have ridden in the mornings down to 29 degrees and my palms are the only thing that bother me. Besides the heated gear fleece lined jeans, heavy leather jacket, wool socks, leather work boots , soft lowers, fork fangs, 7 inch HD wind deflector.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
South Jersey Dave