La Pera

surfsup1955

Sep 13, 2017
La Pera Maverick (smooth) with riders backrest on the way...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have the La Pera Sorrento and love it. Sits as low if not a tad lower than the stock seat but the big difference it is a lot more narrow up by the tank. I believe the Maverick is just like the Sorrento but with a larger passenger seat.

La Pera

Revzilla is fast, got home from the gym this morning and UPS had already delivered. PA to NC in less than 2 days free shipping. Sweet. The box was a little rough from the handling but the seat did not seem harmed. BTW, Revzilla price matched this for me from an Amazon dealer. $548.77 shipped.

Here’s a few photos:

e4f775526fa98a3b2fa08660511c4d13.jpg

6d303a1aeda501ad937a44fd81cbeabd.jpg

30edf0dec949f99c8e4c543da5fbb042.jpg

Last edited:
Initial opinion of the seat is, it’s definitely a superior built seat than the OEM. This smooth version reminds me of my old Russell Saddle, except it’s a much heavier product. As far as my “garage mileage” it felt wonderful - a bit lower with a more scooped out butt area. I’ll report back after a few long rides..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

La Pera

Oh, and I’m certain my SO will be thrilled, this was her before arrangement:

6a2ba4d566bfc2d261053bbca91f9436.jpg

Last edited:
My wife was much happier with the La Pera over the stock seat. Your passenger area is much larger than the Sorrento. Here's a pic of the La Pera Sorrento seat.

Attachments

• SG Lepera sissy.jpg
    SG Lepera sissy.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Does it move you forward at all? I am only interested in moving away from the handlebars, even though I am only 5'8" tall. It looks real nice on your bike!

Initial opinion of the seat is, it’s definitely a superior built seat than the OEM. This smooth version reminds me of my old Russell Saddle, except it’s a much heavier product. As far as my “garage mileage” it felt wonderful - a bit lower with a more scooped out butt area. I’ll report back after a few long rides..

My wife was much happier with the La Pera over the stock seat. Your passenger area is much larger than the Sorrento. Here's a pic of the La Pera Sorrento seat.

Your rear does look a little narrower but not much, it looks great on your Glide. I think La Pera nailed the compromise between looks and comfort. The wife did sit on it when she got home, she likes it a lot

La Pera

Does it move you forward at all? I am only interested in moving away from the handlebars, even though I am only 5'8" tall. It looks real nice on your bike!

Did get in a short ride and my reach to the grips didn’t change at all, however the backrest keeps me upright so my torso was sitting taller than in the old seat- I really need more time with it, especially need to run it without the backrest to give a better answer.

Last edited:
Your rear does look a little narrower but not much, it looks great on your Glide. I think La Pera nailed the compromise between looks and comfort. The wife did sit on it when she got home, she likes it a lot

I agree I was looking for something that still looked good and made my wife happy. I believe the Sorrento passenger width is 11 1/2" and your Maverick is 14".

I agree I was looking for something that still looked good and made my wife happy. I believe the Sorrento passenger width is 11 1/2" and your Maverick is 14".

About 150 miles on it now and it appears to be a mile muncher. Im liking the density of the La Pera foam vs my old Mustang. Personal preference. The only negative is it will probably take closer to a thousand miles to fully break in. Probably put some miles on it this weekend headed out to the Outer Banks Bike Week (NC).

Thanks for your info! I know I appreciate, as I'm sure others do. Do you think the extended break-in period is only due to the desity? Please keep me informed as I am very much leaning towards the LaPera line. I am concerned if you come back and say that the seat has not broken in.

About 150 miles on it now and it appears to be a mile muncher. Im liking the density of the La Pera foam vs my old Mustang. Personal preference. The only negative is it will probably take closer to a thousand miles to fully break in. Probably put some miles on it this weekend headed out to the Outer Banks Bike Week (NC).

Thanks for your info! I know I appreciate, as I'm sure others do. Do you think the extended break-in period is only due to the desity? Please keep me informed as I am very much leaning towards the LaPera line. I am concerned if you come back and say that the seat has not broken in.

No problem, I’ll post it right here. This saddle is built with a slightly thinner but more dense foam material. That’s La Pera’s strategy to provide a comfortable saddle follows the bikes shape closer. Also they use a thicker marine grade vinyl which takes longer to shape. So yep, all of that contributes to the break in.

I put 500 miles on it in a day running down to the tail of the dragon and could have kept going, it's by far the most comfortable seat I've had.

Hurricane, did you feel that you needed the longer break-in period like surfsup has described? What is your height? THANKS!
I put 500 miles on it in a day running down to the tail of the dragon and could have kept going, it's by far the most comfortable seat I've had.

Hurricane, did you feel that you needed the longer break-in period like surfsup has described? What is your height? THANKS!

I can't really say, I bought the seat used in "like new condition" from ebay so I don't know how many miles were on it even though the seller said it was only used a couple times. I can say it feels the same now as it did when I got it 2 years ago. I personally don't believe a seat needs to be broken in, broken in to me means the seat is breaking down and the seat is wearing out. A good seat should feel the same as it did when purchased IMO. I know that is the case with dirtbike seats, when the foam gets soft and broken down you start feeling the seat pan.

1000 miles happens pretty quick this time of year. The seat is definitely breaking in a bit more every time I ride it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfbsmith