La Pera

Thanks for the all the input on this topic! I think I am also going to contact LaPera customer service for some advice.

I am always happy to get others opinions on products I am considering to purchase. This site is great for that and loaded with other information. I am happy to be a part of this forum!

Thanks for the all the input on this topic! I think I am also going to contact LaPera customer service for some advice.

I am always happy to get others opinions on products I am considering to purchase. This site is great for that and loaded with other information. I am happy to be a part of this forum!

Smart. It’s your ass and your pillion’s that needs to be happy. I’m the same way, did a lot of research on this before buying this and was willing to return it ASAP if I didn’t like it. Let us know what La Pera says. I got their answering machine when I called (twice). I’m sure they would respond but I didn’t leave a message.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just shy of 400 miles added to the seat today. Fantastic. I am not sure how this seat would work for a pilot with a wide rear end but for my tiny hinny, it’s a done deal. I love it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just spoke with customer service at LaPera and immediately was able to speak with someone without having to leave a message.
Anyway, I told the rep that I was 5'8" and weigh about 190lbs. She quickly suggested that I went with their Outcast with backrest. Of all the seats they have for Streetglides, I think this one fits the lines of the bike the best. She also asked if I currently experience and current pain / pressure points with my current stock seat, which I don't. She stated that was even more reason to go with the Outcast. Another big reason for this suggestion was that I typically only solo ride and this choice does not really have a large enough seating area for a passenger. I think this is why I think this is the brest fitting seat LaPera offers for the Streetglide. Unfortunately for me currently, it is a $600+ seat that I still need to save some $$ for.
Does anyone have any feedback on the Outcast?

No advice for that one. Glad you got right through. I must have hit them at an extra busy time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really wanted the Maverick with backrest, but with the stitching. Typed in part number on Amazon, and saw one for $580......immediately ordered it, then noticed the picture was wrong and it was for the smooth. Argh. Nothing wrong with the looks of the smooth, I just prefer the stitching. Any other place that has the one I want is asking over $700.

Back to looking. May go with Sorrento, or Outlander. Sorrento has stitching, Outlander has the backrest.

I bought the Maverick last year to replace that so-called touring seat the MoCo supply (after a decent downpour, wait two weeks for it to dry out!) and can't recommend it highly enough. 3,000 miles around Europe and France this summer have proven it to be worth every penny.

after 2,000 miles

I really wanted the Maverick with backrest, but with the stitching. Typed in part number on Amazon, and saw one for $580......immediately ordered it, then noticed the picture was wrong and it was for the smooth. Argh. Nothing wrong with the looks of the smooth, I just prefer the stitching. Any other place that has the one I want is asking over $700.

Back to looking. May go with Sorrento, or Outlander. Sorrento has stitching, Outlander has the backrest.

I got the Sorrento and really like it and my wife likes that passenger seat as well. As far as the stitching goes I think it looks better with it but I will worn you if the bike gets rained on the stitching takes a while to dry out. My bike got rained on at work a few weeks ago and by the time I got home from work I wet lines on the butt of my jeans in the pattern of the stitching.

I’m looking to order the La Petra Maverick. Just spoke to the manufacture. She said it sits about a inch lower than stock. I’m 5 9 and was not really looking to go lower. Does anybody really notice a difference?

Yes mine sits me down and back a bit. But has a nice cup in it for back support. I am 5'7 and i have nothing bad to say about it.
To the point i will only sit on a leperra seat.
Third seat from them always happy.
Live in canada not affiliated.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

I've done about 5,000 miles with mine since buying the Maverick with gel pad earlier this year. It sits you a bit lower, but not in a bad way, and the contour gives a comfortable amount of back support - I'm 5' 6". Highly recommended.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikes469