Let's talk lids

Bluebowtie

May 27, 2014
So currently I'm wearing a KBC full face helmet from my sport bike days. It used to fit great but I'm riding longer distances now and it hurts my forehead to the point I have to stop and take it off. The vents don't work well either.

So I'm in the market for a new lid. I have a modular snow helmet I really like. So I'm leaning towards a modular street lid.

Any recommendations?

Current lid
eha5eder.jpg

Sky is the limit here there a lot brands out there you just have to find the one that fits you. Go try some on and don't just order one until you have put it on your head. I have a HJC modular I can change the shield on in about 2 minutes from dark to clear or smoked and like it when it's not too hot for those times I use the half helmet. Some are pretty cheap so buyer beware you get what you pay for and they don't last too long.

Good luck in your quest lol

I went full face with my sport bike and stayed there. Used to have a fit problem with pressure on my forehead till I switched to a Arai Signet-Q.
I have been to the stores and super stores trying on all sorts of helmets and I'm sticking with the Arai for best fit, comfort and safety.

e5eha8ab.jpg
my lid of choice

Charcoal pearl,4"jackpot,decat head pipe,tuner,21" Costal moto rim,chopped tour pak,Rockford amp and speaker upgrade. SE stage 1.

I tried on a Shoei neotech a few weeks ago. It felt comfy just needed to research some as I don't trust salesman

I tried on a Shoei neotech a few weeks ago. It felt comfy just needed to research some as I don't trust salesman

I have read a ton of reviews on that helmet. They have all been good. That is actually one of the helmets I will be switching too once I get home. I need to try it on. I have a PIN head so sometimes they fit funny.

I wear a skid lid... eventually I will get a modular for long hauls... I like the Torch w/ BT

I use a Simpson Bandit from when I had a race car..If I am on the highway I wear a helmet..around town maybe not so much

I mostly wear a Vega real carbon fiber half helmet and carry a Black 3/4 HD w/ drop down shades for long trips just in case weather turns bad.

In a study of crash involved full coverage motorcycle helmets, 35% of all crashes showed major impact on the chin-bar area.

After many years I've gotten used to my face like it is, so I got a full coverage helmet to help keep it that way.

with FF helmets, a lot of them fit differently. Best bet IMO would be hit up cycle gear or similar place and test fit a bunch of different lids. Different models within the same brand can also fit different. It might take a while to find something perfect for your head but it will pay off in the end. Good luck.

I just switched from an Arai to a Shoei RF1200. I have been wearing Arai's since 1980. My last helmet was five years old and I looked at the new Arai's but got the Shoei instead. I have an oval shaped grape and it fits and feels good. I like the face shield better. It's really clear and is easy to change. It has a double face shield seal and really keeps out the rain even in heavy rain. Quiet, and light weight. The vents work good with the face shield closed. Not so good with it open - it blocks the top vents a little but still flows air.

Let's talk lids

I pulled the trigger on a Arai Signet Q yesterday. Very light and comfortable and the vents flow tons of air. It also came with a pinlock insert witch I installed but I'm wondering why it says for daylight use only. I hope I don't have glare issues while night driving.
2ae4e22e543c3b3fe24a267ef41ed256.jpg

Sent from the mobile leash

Last edited:
I pulled the trigger on a Arai Signet Q yesterday. Very light and comfortable and the vents flow tons of air. It also came with a pinlock insert witch I installed but I'm wondering why it says for daylight use only. I hope I don't have glare issues while night driving.
Daylight use only might be if it is tinted.
Mine is a clear shield on my Q, I wear sunglasses (non polarized) during the day.
You can custom fit the liner and cheek pads on that helmet, mine is a snug fit with even pressure all around.

Daylight use only might be if it is tinted.
Mine is a clear shield on my Q, I wear sunglasses (non polarized) during the day.
You can custom fit the liner and cheek pads on that helmet, mine is a snug fit with even pressure all around.

The shield and pinlock insert are both clear. I also wear sunglasses instead of a tinted shield but mine are RX and polarized.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
South Jersey Dave