Mustang Seat

I checked out the catalog and it looks like it is the Freewheeler saddle. 79006
https://www.mustangseats.com/Categories.aspx?varSearch=79006
Good find, I searched their web site and could not find this.
Bnye14, the Mustang site says this seat will not work with Mustang or Harley’s “frame mounted” backrest kit. Do you know if that means it won’t work with the Harley removable backrest? I’m thinking that maybe it means the only backrest it will fit is the Tourpack. That would be a bummer for most of us StreetGlide riders.
Edited post: maybe the web site is talking about not working with the driver’s frame mounted backrest? They don’t specify that they’re talking about the driver, like they do in other listings, but it would make sense since this seat has the built in slot for a Mustang stake type driver’s backrest.

Last edited:
Yea that seat is harder to find. I just Google "Mustang deluxe" and found it quickly. Just a re-styled super tourer.

"The receiver for the optional, removable driver backrest is built into the baseplate"

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Good find, I searched their web site and could not find this.
Bnye14, the Mustang site says this seat will not work with Mustang or Harley’s “frame mounted” backrest kit. Do you know if that means it won’t work with the Harley removable backrest? I’m thinking that maybe it means the only backrest it will fit is the Tourpack. That would be a bummer for most of us StreetGlide riders.
Edited post: maybe the web site is talking about not working with the driver’s frame mounted backrest? They don’t specify that they’re talking about the driver, like they do in other listings, but it would make sense since this seat has the built in slot for a Mustang stake type driver’s backrest.

Mustang touring seats will NOT work with HD frame mounted DRIVER backrest. The Mustang seat has a built in receiver for the Mustang backrest (HD won't fit) which is better quality and more adjustable than the HD. Any HD rider backrest, Tourpak, luggage rack, etc. will work with Mustang touring seats. The Mustang Summit seat is made specifically for the 2014 and newer HD touring bikes. It has a rigid reinforced fiberglass seat pan with several rubber bumpers that contact the frame rails of the 14 and newer frame and will not move or flex under any conditions or loads unlike the HD seats that have a thin flexible seat pan that does not touch the Frame except when loaded.
I tried several HD seats including the Tallboy, Sundowner, and a touring seat and After many thousand miles on my Mustang Summit its clearly evident that the HD seats in general are total POS.
I'm sure other aftermarket brands are equally well constructed and an improvement over HD as well.

Blues

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfbsmith