oil leak

Ironwings60

May 27, 2023
I have a 21 Street Glide Special and it has an oil leak shown in the pic. It has 3400 miles on it. Is this the oil return? It is not the pan but in front of that

Last edited:
I am purchasing a 21 Street Glide Special and there is an oil leak forward of the oil pan. Nothing major but still wondering since it only has 3400 miles on it. The dealer said they would check it out right away before I come back. It looked like the oil return but thought I would ask to see if this is common. As there were 2 other street glides next to it with the same problem.

Attachments

• IMG_1331.jpeg
    IMG_1331.jpeg
    25.8 KB · Views: 16
Hard to tell from your pic, but it may be an oil cooler line. I haven't had any oil leaks on my 21 sgs in the time and mileage that I've owned since new. Depending on when it was first put into service, you may have some of the factory warranty left. If so have a dealership check it out.

Reactions: Ironwings60
Hard to tell from your pic, but it may be an oil cooler line. I haven't had any oil leaks on my 21 sgs in the time and mileage that I've owned since new. Depending on when it was first put into service, you may have some of the factory warranty left. If so have a dealership check it out.
They are doing that should find out this week. Thanks for the heads up sir.

Reactions: BillyBob
Yep,Hearing now it's characteristic of those engines M8 engines. Mine has a little leak too!!
Make sure not to overfill but you can check with dealer.

Yep,Hearing now it's characteristic of those engines M8 engines. Mine has a little leak too!!
Make sure not to overfill but you can check with dealer.
I have owned a Ultra Classic, Deluxe, Fat Boy and none of them leaked, now I am going to buy a Street Glide Special with the 114 motor used and I had no idea that these engines leak. Has anyone found a solution? I am a retired Flight Engineer and I know there is always a fix for something like this just takes someone to make it happen. I will have to look more as I really like this bike.

US Marine/Air Force Vet, 82-2014. Thank you for your time in.

Did you find out the cause of the oil leak? I have a 2019 SGS and it is not normal. What have you found out about it?

Did you find out the cause of the oil leak? I have a 2019 SGS and it is not normal. What have you found out about it?
I cleaned it all up and wiped everything down, then had the dealer took it in when I got it back they told me no leaks noted, but miraculously it has stopped. Something was done probably tightened everything up who knows. I am keeping an eye on it and will follow up if anything leaks again.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brandon1165