$25 Bike Mic- HOW TO MAKE IT WORK!

Couple of guys have them drilled centered... TomA and Chaderick for sure.. they should post pics for reference. I have done 3 SGS'S and 2 RGS"S to date.

Sent from Note4 via TapaTalk

Ok as requested here is where we located mine. Should have thought it through a little was going to buy the iron aces mount for my phone but this location messed the up. About an inch lower would have been better
8eba0c9e4103c17185f88e2b6a9fc078.jpg
bfa913eff08202e737617b4a1b6003f2.jpg
0e40005d98bc2b39b4e08f07d64b18ef.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone tried this on a 16 SGS? Also, with the mic in the center do you have to lean in to talk? Thx

I did the mod with the exception of permanently mounting the mic. The kit came with a long extension cable and I used that to pin the mic to different areas that sounded best. I moved the mic around from attaching it to where others have on the dash all the way to using the aligator clip it came with and attached to my jacket. Nothing sounded good to the other caller. I love the idea of having a mic attached to my helmet in some way but would rather hear the caller coming from the speakers. Not an added headset like I would if I used HD's wiring kit and mic.

What are my options from what you guys have seen? My main goal would be to have a good quality mic (wireless or plugged in is fine) that connects to my helmet with a boom. But all the voices come over my speakers. What's the best way to this with quality sounds and fewer hacks? Is the HD harness able to do this with a setting? I don't want speakers in my helmet as I wear a half helmet. I have good speakers on the bike and want that for everything.

With this mod... all sound does come thru the speakers. You may have to adjust your volume settings for feedback

ok, I've been trying to do this mod in my spare time, and it's not going well... I'm 90% sure I have the correct wire harness, but there seems to be a dispute about which wires are to be used. Can anyone take a pic of the harness and "show" which positions they are using? I've tried several combos and when I push my PTT button on my right hand controls I get a "no ptt devices found, contact your Harley dealer" message on my display.

I'm also curious if the Harley headset does the same thing the mic mod does? I have the connection on my dash, and it's not wired anywhere near the harness everyone seems to be using.

Thanks to anyone that can help...

ok, I've been trying to do this mod in my spare time, and it's not going well... I'm 90% sure I have the correct wire harness, but there seems to be a dispute about which wires are to be used. Can anyone take a pic of the harness and "show" which positions they are using? I've tried several combos and when I push my PTT button on my right hand controls I get a "no ptt devices found, contact your Harley dealer" message on my display.

I'm also curious if the Harley headset does the same thing the mic mod does? I have the connection on my dash, and it's not wired anywhere near the harness everyone seems to be using.

Thanks to anyone that can help...
I can't say for sure that this mod will work for the 17 CVO...pics of the harness should be up near the front of this thread

The P&A audio connector may be in use on the CVO... again... not sure... it's the TAN PLUG

Btw... I cleaned out my inbox

The BIGGEST thing you can do on your SGS to make this even better is a noise cancelling mic from ONSTAR for GM cars... $20 and you can install it on the left deadspace next to the Head Unit!

This one is for an example.. but the link below is for BLACK

15264477-2001-2012-gm-microphone-onstar-radio-phone-gray-with-bezel-new-oem-15264477.jpg

$20 on Ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/05-08-Corvette-C6-Microphone-Assembly-Onstar-GM-10383819-/371273146702?hash=item56719aa14e:g:9HUAAOSwEeFU9bNB&vxp=mtr

If anybody needs help... hit me up....

So the red wire is positive and the blue is the ground?

So the red wire is positive and the blue is the ground?

Red#1 is Pos... BLACK #3 WIRE is neg on the TAN P&A audio connector on top of the radio

As far as the ON STAR mic goes... red should be pos and blue.should be neg... check it first before you hard wire the connection

Red#1 is Pos... BLACK #3 WIRE is neg on the TAN P&A audio connector on top of the radio

As far as the ON STAR mic goes... red should be pos and blue.should be neg... check it first before you hard wire the connection

Is the tan p & a plugged into anything?

OK, bike pics:

20170121_115524.jpg20170121_115546.jpg20170121_115534.jpg

And the MIC with mount:

20170121_115513.jpg

And on the pic where I'm holding the harness: bottom/left is a red, two up from that is a black. Also the top/right pin is a blank, 2 down from that is also a black. I have tried several combos with these and nothing seems to work.

Did anyone get a message from their bike before doing this mod of "no PTT devices found, contact your Harley dealer"? Because that's all I'm getting. I even tried the PTT button with the dealer supplied helmet set. I can turn the speakers on the headset on with the audio setup, but it doesn't recognize the microphone for PTT.

So, I figured it out... and feel like a horses ass for not figuring it out before...

Out at the grocery store and I had a sudden flash of a picture...
20170121_173647.jpg(slightly blurry, but look to the right of the blinker)

Came home, put away my groceries and ran to the garage to wire up the mic...
20170121_173712.jpg

And, it works...

I was so fixated on following the directions I missed the big fn button!

Thanks for the help Spazz!!! ... now to break something else....

So, I figured it out... and feel like a horses ass for not figuring it out before...

Out at the grocery store and I had a sudden flash of a picture...
View attachment 11821(slightly blurry, but look to the right of the blinker)

Came home, put away my groceries and ran to the garage to wire up the mic...
View attachment 11822

And, it works...

I was so fixated on following the directions I missed the big fn button!

Thanks for the help Spazz!!! ... now to break something else....

No problem!!! LMAO! Glad you figured it all out... I found it odd that you would have NO DEVICE FOUND....thought you really did break something!!! LOL

( gotta know.... what were you initially pushing that you thought was the PTT button)

I 'was' pushing the PTT button... I have 2 of them, the one in the picture above is probably a 'voice command' button. That one is on the left handlebar. On the right handlebar is the PTT button for CBs and such. I found another forum where everyone who uses CBs was bitchin cause it's dangerous to try and use that button with a CB and still maintain safe throttle control. That's why I forgot about the other button, I was thinking the wire harness I was tapping into must be for the PTT 'stuff'.

I'm at work today (overtime slut). But I'll grab a picture of the right handlebar control when I get home.

Here ya go Spazz:
20170122_185323.jpg
Bottom left is my PTT button. This is what I was trying to get the mic to work with... my bad, but all good now!

I am in the process of gathering up parts for this mod. I have a couple of questions ,will the headsets still work if needed.
After all the use which is the top mic, the on star or the one that used at the start ?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfbsmith