How can we lure new members

I wonder if people just don't sign in every time? I have to sign in every time I come on, the site doesn't recognize me so I have to hit the screen name and password each time. I don't have to do that on some of the other sites

Click the remember me tab

I do each time..then the next time I sign in I have to go thru the whole process again..

just close the browser & don't sign off........i've got it in my favorites and click on it & i'm on signed in....

I stay signed in with Firefox on a Macbook Pro. I never have to sign in because I never "Log out". I think Firefox just auto loads my info for me.

I stay signed in with Firefox on a Macbook Pro. I never have to sign in because I never "Log out". I think Firefox just auto loads my info for me.

Same here always have a tab open just do a refresh lol

How can we lure new members

I never had much luck with firefox, i use google chrome browser and it works awesome. You can ad extensions and block adds, spam, and other stuff you dont want to see.

Create a Pin, patch or T-shirt
If you go the route of paid members, they get a tshirt/pin
purchase the pin get a membership etc...

Places for Patches
IronHead
Custom Patches

Pins
Custom Motorcycle Pins
Specialty Pins

Another HD forum that my partner is a member of has a flag that travels the country, they take pics of it in various places then it's passed off between members...
They have a map, you let the owners know via mail that you'd like to participate
the flag travels with a rider, and they look to see who's close by, and passes it off...the flag transfer is photographed, and flag is signed, and it's on it's way again,
It's something they do every year, and they map out the route where it is, who's had it and who wants it...and members can view it...
it's really very slick

Mr G
The other HD forum is roadglide.org, they also have a national rally once every year. Luring new member depends on numerous things. One of the best things about these forums is the ideas, products and mechanical lessons learned

We could try some patches if you like.

Interestingly, when I started the RG forum
We had business cards that members passed around. Back then the Road Glide was not a popular model. We started the forum in 2010
When there were very few road glides out there.

I started this forum when I got an ultra, and the Streetglide. I found the Streetglide fairing to be much more wind resistant. But you know how that argument goes [emoji848]

I have some Streetglide cards if anyone wants some. Just pm me your address and I’ll mail them out.

Reactions: binarym
Custom Woven patches are the cheaper solution in the mix for intricate 2D designs available in a limited spectrum of colors. It has a fine fabric-like texture with a smooth feeling and is machine-made.

We will always have fewer members as this sites name will turn away new members who do not have a street glide as opposed to HD forums which address all Harley’s. Also remember this site has been off line for a while. I do find it hard to believe in this forum that very few bike issues are posted. I check this site almost every evening under new posts and people are not posting any bike issues. Unless I am doing something wrong on seeing new posts. I guess I have the only street glide that needs general up keep or modifications. I own a motorcycle shop and I see issues all the time. I enjoy helping other riders with my experience or insights to issues. I have been riding and working on my bikes for over 40 years. I can not believe that every bike owner takes their bike to Harley for service or repairs, but I do see more riders who know absolutely nothing about proper general up keep. I understand the sight wants more members, but like I was told in the Marines it about quality and not quantity. Just keep the general questions coming. The only stupid question is the one not asked

There will always be lurkers and the ones that joint share their information willingly some of the others won't. That's just life.

Understand what your saying and everybody is welcome to joint this site even if you don't contribute. Tried to talk a friend into joining and he refuses because he doesn't have anything to contribute as he has everything on his bike done at the dealership and of course they are the only ones that are right. Makes me happy every time I see a post from Hulkss as he knows what he's talking about and if not goes to the source for an answer to share with us. Wondering if Harley knows about the number 1 plug wire like Spazz posted about that one will save us all heart ache in the https://cbdshop.club future Thanks again Spazz

I'll get off the soap box just my 2 cents
even loorkers like to watch/read haha so aslong as there is enoug trafic or enough posts coments new people will at least read if not write
one thing i have been thinking about is crosspromotion. maybe we could go to out local shops or meeting spots/pubs and offer then crosspromotion. we post their links here while they tell people about this site or we even leave some flyers(or what are they called, printed paper about this site)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brandon1165