--RENO. NV RUN-- 6 May-- Sac Area included

Spazz

Administrator
Feb 22, 2014
Hey guys and gals!

A few of us on the forum have gotten together in the past from ALL OVER to have a GTG and seems to be growing a little each time we plan it out.

IT'S GREAT TO PUT A FACE TO A NAME!

A little history...

Mojo used to live out here and resides in Tenn. now. We became friends via this forum. He misses this area for the scenery and decided to flight out a few years back and rent a bike to go for a ride. BaggerJay is a close friend and a Brother of mine from the Sac area and he also joined us for the day.

WE HAD A BLAST!

I then flew to Tenn. to meet up with Mojo in Sept 2015 for 4 days of riding on a rental to experience Tail of the Dragon.

Another EPIC trip! Thanks MOJO!

Now, present day.... Friendships have grown and its time to shake the hands of friends we never met face to face.... and reunite with old friends at the same time...

We have set 6 MAY for our GTG. So far, here is the list...

SPAZZ----------------out of RENO
KEVSBIGRED---------out of RENO
MOJO---------------- flying out from Tenn.
CHADERICK----------flying out from Ohio
TOMA-----------------riding from Battle Mountain, NV
BAGGERJAY----------riding from Sac, Ca
CWNY----------------flying from NY

For those local ( within a few hundred miles ) we would love to invite you! I can add you to the list!

For those that may want to fly in... GREAT!!!! Let me know and I can set up rentals via Battleborn HD in Carson City, NV for right around $150/day total ( Chester's in Reno no longer rents bikes unfortunately)

Since we have to pick up rental(s) Battleborn HD in Carson City, the main group will meet there via 395S/580S... unless I can work something out ( usually I can ) and get the scoots to my house and garaged a day prior.

The route is tentative at this point... we have time to finalize it.

Screenshot%2014.png

Places to hit:

Figure is we meet up with the guys from CA near Soda Springs, CA we can start with Donner Pass...

Donner Pass Rd, CA
HWY 89S, toward Tahoe City, CA
WEST on 28 over the top of North Lake Tahoe, CA to Kings Beach, CA, Crystal Bay and Incline Village, NV.
Continue on 28 around the North Lake Tahoe to HWY 50 down to Stateline, NV
West on 207 ( Kingsbury Grade... AWESOME ROAD ) to 206 into GENOA ( NV's OLDEST TOWN )

The map shows cutting over to 395N from there... we will take JACKS VALLEY ROAD out of Genoa (straight NORTH ), Much better scenic ride instead of going east out of Genoa

Now...we have a choice.. I would LOVE to take 431 ( MT Rose HWY ) off the 28 at Incline Village, NV... nice twisties and another beautiful road for scenic views... choices are there.....

Either Genoa route or HWY 431....

Screenshot%2015.png

Like I said... route is tenative... suggestions are welcome!

Lets get some more riders in on this and see what can happen!

If the CA guys want to do Virginia City, NV... we can to that part last... option!!!! ( DINNER at the RED DOG SALOON) or another historic place

Screenshot%2016.png

Really lookin foward to this run!!!!

I can't wait, it's going to be a great time with great friends.
I'll see you guys soon!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

ha ha- We didn't forget you Kev, your buying the beer! :cool: (wait a minute, I don't drink!):confused:

That looks like a fun route Spazz can't wait this is going to be awesome.

It's tenative. .. things can change...

Sent from Note4 via TapaTalk

It will all come down to how many decide to come along, time and maybe the weather.

So far, we know we need to rent 2 Streetglides and possibly 3 if Chris flies in from NYC-LIC.
Now I gotta work on Hotel(s).

Spazz- I deleted this post & your reply from "RIP Daymaker" thread.

I will try to get down to Battleborn HD this week... weather is rolling in.... kitchen remodel has most of my time.

This sounds amazing !!! Fingers crossed ... trying to make this happen ... Mojo - you are THE MAN !!!!!!!!!!!!

This sounds amazing !!! Fingers crossed ... trying to make this happen ... Mojo - you are THE MAN !!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope you can make it.... just let me know as soon as you can confirm and I will get your rental locked in. It's 'penciled' in right now... FYI

Hope you can make it.... just let me know as soon as you can confirm and I will get your rental locked in. It's 'penciled' in right now... FYI

Spazz ...

Thanks for putting this all together. Looks like I'm in too !!! ( let me know what you need regarding the rental / Mojo has my cell # if needed / or I can pm it to you ... thanks again !

Mojo...

I'm gonna call you tonight !!!

Spazz ...

Thanks for putting this all together. Looks like I'm in too !!! ( let me know what you need regarding the rental / Mojo has my cell # if needed / or I can pm it to you ... thanks again !

Mojo...

I'm gonna call you tonight !!!
Awseome! I will get more details on the rentals and fwd the info. They are locked in... just gotta finalize details for the pickup and dropoff with my hookup at Battleborn HD

Ok guys... went to Battleborn HD last night. Rentals are locked in... they have all the info you sent me. Once I finalize the pricing, I will send info and Chaderick, CWNY and Mojo can call Battleborn to get rental agreements faxed to you, sign and return.

ON THAT NOTE....

Mojo, you are good for 5 May am pickup...

Friday night(5pm) I will load my trailer, either TomA or Mojo can go with me to load up the other 2 Streetglides from Battleborn for Chaderick and CWNY.

All the scoots will be staged at my place in the garage for an awesome full day and night of riding on 6 May.

Sunday, 7 May..

TOMA...

I will need you to help me return the scoots to Battleborn HD at 1000. I will trailer 2 of them and you can ride one.

I TOLD YOU ALL.... I GOT THIS COVERED!

Thanks for all the effort Spazz & TomA ... much appreciated ! Will be in touch ... looking forward to this !

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikes469